Our Best Match:
I received a notice from the VA that I have to pay back a portion of my benefits. How did this happen?
If a student drops a class (or classes) after their certification has been processed and they did not notify the Veterans Certification office, they may be subject to reimbursing the VA for benefits received based on the initial certification. Also, if a student changes their schedule after their certification has been processed, they may also be subject to reimbursing the VA for benefits received if the new schedule includes courses that cannot be certified. Also, the VA will sometimes pay a student even after their VA benefits have expired, which ultimately results in the student having to pay back the extra money to the VA. It is the student's responsibility to notify the Veterans Certification office of any schedule changes, and to monitor the availability of remaining benefits.
You May Be Interested In:
- How and when will I receive my financial aid?
- What happens if I pay the enrollment deposit and find out later that I qualified for a waiver?
- What do you need for me to start using my veterans benefits at CSU Fullerton?
- How do I transfer my veteran's benefits from another school?
- Why am I getting payment due notices if my financial aid will cover my bills?
Didn't Find Your Answer?
Are You Satisfied With Your Answer?