Our Best Match:
What is BURST?
This information can be found at http://fullerton.edu/biology/burst/
The CSUF BURST program, funded by the Office of the Provost, has three overarching goals:
1) to increase the number of students involved in the high-impact practice of faculty-mentored research,
2) to provide opportunities for students to explore and develop their research interests
3) to build a community of student researchers
The program aims to accomplish this through three types of activities:
1) BURST COMMUNICATIONS: The BURST Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/BURSTCSUF) provides students with current information on upcoming events and research and job opportunities, and highlights a different CSUF undergraduate research student each week.
2) BURST EVENTS provide tools to help students get to know potential faculty mentors, get involved in faculty-mentored research, and learn the culture of communicating biology research.
3) The BURST scholar program supports advanced CSUF Biological Science majors as they conduct independent research with a faculty mentor, culminating with at least one significant oral or written presentation.
You May Be Interested In:
Didn't Find Your Answer?
Try searching our site or send us a message.
Are You Satisfied With Your Answer?