California State University, Fullerton


Our Best Match:

What do I do about changing my grade?

If you feel a grade has been given to you in error, your first action is to discuss your grade with the instructor and discuss why you think your grade is incorrect.  If the instructor agrees that an error was made, the instructor can complete a Grade Change Form, and with appropriate approval by the department chair and college dean, the grade change will be processed by Admissions and Records resulting in  a correction to your academic record.  

If the instructor does not feel an error was made, you may speak to the department chair to discuss your concerns.  There is an official grade appeals process that can be followed if agreement cannot be met on the accuracy of the grade at the department level.  Information on Academic Appeals is available at

You May Be Interested In:

Didn't Find Your Answer?

Try searching our site or send us a message.

Are You Satisfied With Your Answer?

This is useful. This response answers my question completely.
This is adequate. This answer helped but could be improved.
No, this does not answer my question.